Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Out of Memory" error in editor

I have some very large macro's/VBA 40K+ lines of code. It has been working
fine and still runs ok, but if there is an error and it drops into the editor
and I try and copy/paste a line of code I get "Out of Memory". If I type the
line in from scratch it works fine. I rebooted the PC in case there was
something weird happening, but it did not make any difference. I have finally
reached the limits of Excel?? Any suggestions?

--
Trefor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patient: "It hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Don't do that."

Prescription: VBE (toolbar) | Insert | Module
(use as often as needed)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Trefor"
wrote in message
I have some very large macro's/VBA 40K+ lines of code. It has been working
fine and still runs ok, but if there is an error and it drops into the editor
and I try and copy/paste a line of code I get "Out of Memory". If I type the
line in from scratch it works fine. I rebooted the PC in case there was
something weird happening, but it did not make any difference. I have finally
reached the limits of Excel?? Any suggestions?

--
Trefor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Thanks, but the code is not all in one module. I have it accross 30 modules
and forms. This particular module only has 700 lines of code in it.

--
Trefor

wrote in message
I have some very large macro's/VBA 40K+ lines of code. It has been working
fine and still runs ok, but if there is an error and it drops into the editor
and I try and copy/paste a line of code I get "Out of Memory". If I type the
line in from scratch it works fine. I rebooted the PC in case there was
something weird happening, but it did not make any difference. I have finally
reached the limits of Excel?? Any suggestions?

--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the problem module try...
copying the code and pasting it into Notepad.
delete the problem module.
insert a new module.
copy the Notepad code and paste it into the new module.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

wrote in message
I have some very large macro's/VBA 40K+ lines of code. It has been working
fine and still runs ok, but if there is an error and it drops into the editor
and I try and copy/paste a line of code I get "Out of Memory". If I type the
line in from scratch it works fine. I rebooted the PC in case there was
something weird happening, but it did not make any difference. I have finally
reached the limits of Excel?? Any suggestions?
--
Trefor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Many thanks for your reply.

As mysteriously as this error came, its gone. I am not sure whats going,
but I will be sure to try this if it comes back. Many thanks.

--
Trefor