Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inconsistent Formula Result

Hello,

I am using the TIME function in an existing workbook. I noticed it is
calculating differently despite the same values.

In column A, I have begin time. In column B I have the number of minutes it
took to complete a process and in column C I have the summation of minutes
and begin time to get the end time.
I am using the function A1+TIME(0,B1,0) and the result is C1. Both A1 and B1
are also calculated fields. I don't believe that should matter.

18:00:00 1 18:01:00
18:00:00 1 18:00:00

Any explanation why Excel is providing different results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<I don't believe that should matter

It does, because rounding may occur

Please post you formulas and input values

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using the TIME function in an existing workbook. I noticed it is
calculating differently despite the same values.

In column A, I have begin time. In column B I have the number of minutes
it
took to complete a process and in column C I have the summation of minutes
and begin time to get the end time.
I am using the function A1+TIME(0,B1,0) and the result is C1. Both A1 and
B1
are also calculated fields. I don't believe that should matter.

18:00:00 1 18:01:00
18:00:00 1 18:00:00

Any explanation why Excel is providing different results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Input Value Examples
P2 = 14,000
J2 = 4 (My begin hour)
T2 = TIME(J2+12,0,0) - converts my begin number to time format
U2 = =IF(P216000,ROUND((P2/(P2+500))*30,0),ROUND(((P2/16000)*30),0))
P2 is a number less than or greater than 16,000. The formula above give me
the number of minutes into the hour.
V2 = =TIME(J2+12,0,0)
W2 = =T2+TIME(0,U2,0) Adds my begin hour to the number of minutes to
determine how long it took from the begin hour

The result in