Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default charting run time error, Excel 2007 SP2 problem with SeriesCollectionand .Formula property

I have a very old routine which has a problem with SP2 that doesn't
happen with SP1 or any excel version before 2007.

I use a pair of statements like this to set plotted chart data
..Item(i).Values = Range(...)
..Item(i).XValues = Range(...)

Right after this I use
s = .Item(i).Formula
to get the formula into a string. The formula string looks ok except
the spots for XValues and Values are empty. In the debugger I put a
Debug.Print right before the above statement, and the result has those
two spots empty. It looks like this:
=SERIES('Sheet 1'!$C$1,,,1)
If I set a breakpoint, and rerun the Print statement a second time but
from inside the Debugger, the full correct formula is printed.
If I put in Application.ScreenUpdating = True before all this, this
solves the Formula problem, but makes the macro run horribly slow.
Excel 2007 already runs this macro way slower than Excel 2003.

Does anyone know anything about this problem, and have any ideas what
to do about it?

Thanks,

Brian