Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default hey guys, thanks for all the help with the loop problem...part deu

Hey Guys, need some greater minds than mine to help me out....

so I need it to cumulatively sum the 1's in column a but the moment there
is a 0 it needs to stop summing.Then once there is a 1, start the process
from 1 again. This is going from the bottom to the top by the way.

I NEED THIS
COLUMN BELOW
(B) BUT CAN'T
WORK OUT THE
RIGHT FORMULA

THIS COLUMN (C)
IS MY FIRST TRY..
BUT CAN'T GET IT
TO RESTART THE
SUM PROPERLY

A B C

1 4 13
1 3 13
1 2 12
1 1 11
0 0 10
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
1 2 0
1 1 9
0 0 8
0 0 0
1 2 0
1 1 7
0 0 6
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
1 6 0
1 5 5
1 4 4
1 3 3
1 2 2
1 1 IF(B320,SUM(B32:B$32),0)

much appreciated anyone? This could also be in VBA if anyone prefers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jul 24, 4:06*am, Sam wrote:
[...]

Sam,

Why not use the SUMIF function? And if your column has 1s and 0s only
then simply do a SUM.

=SUMIF(A1:A8,1,A1:A8)

Best,

Matthew Herbert