Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Access query from Excel

I am using Access to hold data in tables and use SQL to query from Excel. So
far I have been successful. As I learn more about Access, I am now using a
query to pull together data from multiple tables and using SQL to pull that
data into Excel. I am having a problem with a select query. The data is
correct when I look at the query, but after I pull it into Excel, it's not
the same. Is there anything I should know about pulling data from a select
query as opposed to a table? If I put the same data into a table, it pulls in
fine. What is going on?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds bizarre. This is all I could find on the topic.
http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=142341
As you know, the Select Query is the most basic, and certainly the most
common, type of query. Double check your DAO and ADO references and double
check your SQL.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"jayklmno" wrote:

I am using Access to hold data in tables and use SQL to query from Excel. So
far I have been successful. As I learn more about Access, I am now using a
query to pull together data from multiple tables and using SQL to pull that
data into Excel. I am having a problem with a select query. The data is
correct when I look at the query, but after I pull it into Excel, it's not
the same. Is there anything I should know about pulling data from a select
query as opposed to a table? If I put the same data into a table, it pulls in
fine. What is going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It would help if youcould post your SQL and also your code.
What's different about your results in XL vs Access ?

Tim

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Sounds bizarre. This is all I could find on the topic.
http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=142341
As you know, the Select Query is the most basic, and certainly the most
common, type of query. Double check your DAO and ADO references and
double
check your SQL.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---
If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking
''Yes''.