Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SaveCopyAs and FileType

I know when we save in Excel 2007, the file type should be defined. It
appears that isn't a requirement for SaveCopyAs. Can someone confirm?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SaveCopyAs use always the file type of the parent workbook

I suggest to change this and add a fileformat parameter because it is easy to make a copy of a xlsm as xlsx this way

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I know when we save in Excel 2007, the file type should be defined. It
appears that isn't a requirement for SaveCopyAs. Can someone confirm?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

The parent workbook is a .xlsm workbook. I did a savecopyas as
myWorkbook.xlsm (including the full path) and the file appeared to save fine.
When I went to open the file manually, I got an error that led me to believe
I'd not used the right fileformat during the savecopyas. Have you tried
this with excel 2007 to see what happens?

Thanks,
Barb

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

SaveCopyAs use always the file type of the parent workbook

I suggest to change this and add a fileformat parameter because it is easy to make a copy of a xlsm as xlsx this way

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I know when we save in Excel 2007, the file type should be defined. It
appears that isn't a requirement for SaveCopyAs. Can someone confirm?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This must work correct Barb

I use it here also (bit more code) see example 2
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail1.htm