Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking An IE Window As Active

Is there any way to Lock a particular internet explorer window as active during a code segment?

Dennis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the real problem that an Internet explorer application launching a new
internet explorer window as a child?

"Dennis Tucker" wrote:

Is there any way to Lock a particular internet explorer window as active during a code segment?

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No. I'm using excel/vba to fill web forms. The problem is when the IE
window loses it's active status(by user clicking on another window, the
filling is redirected to the other window.

Dennis

"Dennis Tucker" wrote:

Is there any way to Lock a particular internet explorer window as active
during a code segment?

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I went back to one of your older posting. The advise you got was wrong

doc.getElementById("txtInput").focus
or
doc.getElementsByName("txtInput")(1).focus

Don't use focus. Create a new variable for the objects

set txinput = doc.getElementById("txtInput")

Then use txinput as the reference to the object. Then you won't have to
worry about the focus.

"Dennis Tucker" wrote:

Is there any way to Lock a particular internet explorer window as active
during a code segment?

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joel,

Oh man.......I hope this works. If it does I will owe you a beer or
something.

Thanks.

Dennis

"Dennis Tucker" wrote:

Is there any way to Lock a particular internet explorer window as
active
during a code segment?

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joel,

My advice was not wrong - it answered the question asked: how to give an
element the focus, without using sendkeys.

If the OP had mentioned they intended to use sendkeys to enter data I would
have advised them not to.

Tim

"Dennis Tucker" wrote:

Is there any way to Lock a particular internet explorer window as
active
during a code segment?

Dennis

refer to active window when more than one window open for a file mcambrose Excel Programming 4 November 17th 08 08:16 PM
Go to Last Active Window Steven Excel Programming 4 March 6th 08 06:20 PM
How to Active Window maperalia Excel Programming 5 July 13th 07 03:56 PM
active window Gerry Excel Programming 2 December 17th 04 03:33 PM
Locking the Application Window size Dusan Excel Programming 1 November 24th 03 01:55 AM