Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro To Automatically Save As

I am working on a macro to do a series of operations: Assign a Workorder
#;Date; Give job an active status, etc. I've got most of the bits and pieces
but I would like the macro finalize the operation by automatically "Save
as", assign a name using custom identifiers, break the link, reset the page.
I've recorded a macro performing the Save As but I need to know how assemble
the parts from my work oder and insert them into the title
Workorder#LastnameDescriptionDate
=(H5) &(B11) &(I2) &(I8)
Any advice would be great, Thanks BILL T.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim strFile As String
Dim strFolder As String

strFolder = "c:\"
strFile = Range("H5") & Range("B11") & Range("I2") & Format(I8,"dd-mm-yy")

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strFolder & strFile
ActiveWorkbook.Close

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria