Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tg tg is offline

Default Using Vlookup, hyperlinks do not work

It seems that vlookup cannot return a working hyperlink.

I have:

A B

1 "link to another spreadsheet in the same workbook"
2 "link to another spreadsheet in the same workbook"
3 "link to another spreadsheet in the same workbook"

as you can see on column A I have the value vlookup will lookup and in
column B is the value (hyperlink) it should return. When vlookup is uses, it
correctly brings up the link name but when i try to click on it it does not
work.
the =hyperlink(vlookup(x,Y:Z,1,false)) does not work either. How can i make
the vlookup function bring in a working hyperlink? is this even possible?
I've looked everywhere and cannot find a solution..

any ideas?

thanks in advance,

TG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Formulas bring back values--not hyperlinks, not formatting, not comments, not
much of anything else.

Depending on the value you bring back, you may be able to use an adjacent cell
and a formula:

=hyperlink("http://"&a1,"Click me")
where A1 is the cell with the =vlookup.

The expression depends on what you're bringing back.

--

Dave Peterson