Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to take a current Excel file and make it into a program

I have created 3 different Excel documents that are linked together. I have
created these files to feed into an Excel document that is my student's
gradecards. I would like to be able to make it a little easier for my
collegues to use by "making it into a program" where they can easily
manipulate their data since it is heavily linked. Right now we type our
childrens' scores into one excel file, and then they are sent to another file
that houses each grade card for each student in seperate worksheets. How can
I create something to compile charts that are not a part of the actual Excel
file in which the data is being pulled? (I already have charts in the file,
but we want to be able to compile a chart with the click of one button, sort
data without fear of messing with the links. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi there

I don't know if I understood you correctly. But if I got it correctly you
want to collect data from various excel workbooks and then put the data in a
new Excel to create charts. I have written a program which is shareware and
which could solve the problem. You can define names in every workbook and
the program collects the data over the names and creates a list in a new
workbook. Then you could record a macro and directly copy/paste the code in
the program so it will be excecuted every time you start the report. The
program is in German but I can help you with that. Unfortunately the program
is not free of charge but has a 30 day evaluation period.

Download-Link: http://www.excelspezialist.ch/index....v=400&text=430

Kind regards,

Alex
Excel-Spezialist