Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop down menus

How can I use a drop down menu to display a answer in a different cell, with
each answer differing depending on what was selected from the drop down menu.
I would also appreciate if I could find out how to do it with text also.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the dropdown in a cell (validation) or on a userform?

Maybe this isn't what you need but still:
ad a List validation (DataValidationList) to cell A1. Put in the
'Source' for the validation this:
1,2,3
or
1;2;3 (depending on your regional settings)
Then in the A1 ther will be a drop down lettin you enter either 1 or 2
or 3
then in B1 put formula:
=CHOOSE(A1;"One";"Two";"Three")
or
=CHOOSE(A1,"One","Two","Three")

Change the value in A1 and see how B1 changes.

I'm not sure if it was what you're after, though.

On Jul 15, 11:53*am, Roozle wrote:
How can I use a drop down menu to display a answer in a different cell, with
each answer differing depending on what was selected from the drop down menu.
I would also appreciate if I could find out how to do it with text also.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't understand the request. If its data validation take a look at this
demo

http://cid-b8e56c9a5f311cb7.skydrive...Validation.xls

maybe it will give you a pointer