Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Access to Excel-pivot, changing location of Access

Hi.
I've created pivottables based on data in Access, using the pivot wizard.

I want to change the location of the Access database(db).
I've already changed the db-location in the SQLcode in the query that gets
the data to the pivot.
Unfortunately when opening the xls-file, and refeshing the data, Excel still
seeks for the 'original' database, which it cannot find anymore, since I
moved it.

Why doesn't it work when I've changed the location in the sql?
Does Excel store the original location somewhere, and where is that?

But the main question:
What do I have to do to make this work, without having to built-up the
Excelfile from scratch?

Rishi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try downloading Ron Coderre's Addin - Pivot Play Plus.
This will allow you to edit the links in Excel very easily
http://www.contextures.com/PivotPlayPLUS.zip

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Rishi" wrote in message
Hi.
I've created pivottables based on data in Access, using the pivot wizard.

I want to change the location of the Access database(db).
I've already changed the db-location in the SQLcode in the query that gets
the data to the pivot.
Unfortunately when opening the xls-file, and refeshing the data, Excel
still
seeks for the 'original' database, which it cannot find anymore, since I
moved it.

Why doesn't it work when I've changed the location in the sql?
Does Excel store the original location somewhere, and where is that?

But the main question:
What do I have to do to make this work, without having to built-up the
Excelfile from scratch?

Rishi

signature database 4244 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4244 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Roger,

thanks for your reply.
This add-in did the job.

I'm just wondering:
How would this be done without this add-in?

Rishi