Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dynamic radar chart

Hi,

I have a radar chart which could be required to plot one, two or three
series of data. The number of points will be the same for each
series, but the number of points does vary.
I've set up and formatted a radar chart to show up to 3 series of 16
points. I then use some code to fill the series of data from another
worksheet. What I need help in doing is re-drawing the radar chart so
it is resized to reflect the number of points (anywhere between 3 and
16 points). I've tried using named ranges, but I'm not having much
luck. Can I not use some code to determine how many points have been
imported and then re-draw the radar chart to suit the range.

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you go into the worksheet and get the properties of the chart by right
click on the chart you can get the properties of the chart. These properties
you are trying to change with your macro. The range of the chart is the
address prperty of your named range, except one important requirement. The
chart has an equal sign infront of the address. So the solution is simple

Put the following into the chart area

If myrange is the anmed range
set MyRange = Range("a1:A25)

The string you need to put into the chart is the following

"=" & MyRange.Address

Now if you use the referto property of the named range it also include the
equal sign. I sometime have to remove the equal sign in my macros and use he
mid function to remove the equal sign which is the 1st character

Myrange = mid(Myrange,2)