Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Entering a long formumla in Validation criteria

I'm entering a long (about 180 characters) into the data validation formula
box. It takes the formula, but tells me there is an error in it. But I
can't edit the formula because I can't navigate in the Validation formula
box. The arrow keys insert a cell address instead of moving the pointer
(XL2003). I also tried Alt arrow, Ctrl Arrow and Shift arrow, but none of
those work either. Any ideas how to move the cursor in the Data Validation
custom formula box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:35:13 +0100, Patrick Molloy wrote:

the validation formula should provide a true or false. so just put the same
formula into a cell to test it

"salgud" wrote in message
.. .
I'm entering a long (about 180 characters) into the data validation
formula
box. It takes the formula, but tells me there is an error in it. But I
can't edit the formula because I can't navigate in the Validation formula
box. The arrow keys insert a cell address instead of moving the pointer
(XL2003). I also tried Alt arrow, Ctrl Arrow and Shift arrow, but none of
those work either. Any ideas how to move the cursor in the Data Validation
custom formula box?

Thanks for your reply. I figured out to do that after I posted, but I was
still hoping there is a way to move around in the validation criteria box.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply. I figured out to do that after I posted, but I was
still hoping there is a way to move around in the validation criteria box.

There is - once you get to the box hit F2 (as if to edit a formula in
a cell) and the cursor will start moving around as within a text.
Hope it helps.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:35:32 -0700 (PDT), AB wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I figured out to do that after I posted, but I was
still hoping there is a way to move around in the validation criteria box.

There is - once you get to the box hit F2 (as if to edit a formula in
a cell) and the cursor will start moving around as within a text.
Hope it helps.

Doh! Should have thought of that - from my old Lotus 123 days! Thanks, I
knew there had to be a way.