Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find duplicates or missing numbers

I have a case where I have a range of inventory tags that get input into a
spreadsheet. I want to find a way to audit the data to let me know if a user
duplicated a tag number or whether there are tags missing (ie not entered
yet). I know what the range of tags are a given eg. 1-2000. What I would like
to do is have a macro copy the duplicate tags numbers to a column for
duplicates and copy missing tag numbers to another column for tags
un-accounted for (no tag number entered) within the range of tags. This way
one person can chase down the missing tags while the other person can look
after fixing data entry errors as a tag number can only exist once.

Thanks
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I managed to get the duplicates part working, but I don't know how to go
about applying the MATCH function to extract the tags that are missing.

Thanks for the tips.

Bob