Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA to acess currently open web page (existing IE6 instance)

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...hor:W illiams

Tim

"ker_01" wrote in message
Thanks to Ron and ryguy for responses to an earlier thread- I asked my
question poorly and the thread died, so here goes another try.

I have a series of web pages that for the sake of convenience, I really
can't access programatically with Excel (I know it is probably possible,
but
there are several pages of data entry to get to the target pages, and it
isn't practical)

So, I'm perfectly willing to access the web page directly in IE6. However,
want to scrape the target page's source and pull a bunch of data into
Excel.
This web page design prevents copy/paste, so my only way to scrape the
data
is from the page source (or hand-retype all the data, which is what I'm
trying to avoid).

I haven't found any information on how to get Excel to interact with an
existing IE6 instance and grab the page source on the fly (when a macro
runs). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I'm currently on IE6, but if a newer version of IE would make this
easier to program, I'd consider upgrading.

Many thanks,
Keith