Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open IP address device with multi ports, read only

I need to Open an IP device with 24 sub ports.
I tried ADDCONNECTION, OPEN, etc. I cannot get these commands to
work.

Need to open an IP address 143.xxx.xxx.xxx sub port 2300 read_only.

If this is possible, I need to open another port on the same device,
but port 2400.
Then probably use an Event when data is available on either port....
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"TomR" wrote in message

I need to Open an IP device with 24 sub ports.
I tried ADDCONNECTION, OPEN, etc. *I cannot get these commands to
work.

Need to open an IP address 143.xxx.xxx.xxx sub port 2300 read_only.

If this is possible, I need to open another port on the same device,
but port 2400.
Then probably use an Event when data is available on either port....
TIA- Hide quoted text -

Patrick,
Its a xyplex telecom device that has an IP address 143.96.xxx.xxx.
Each device has 24 ports and I need to access (2) ports (i.e. 2300 and
2400 - 2300 is input data and 2400 is output data).
We use the HYPERTERMINAL program currently and open both ports then
display the data on one screen.
Get confusing to see the data flow by and would like to try EXCEL and
manage the data by placing it in a cell.

I can PING the device, just cannot open it using the code
(ADDCONNECTION, OPEN, etc) I have for other apps.
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think you can connect directly.

An alternative would be for your HyperTerminal to dump a text file and have
excel pick it up.
Dumping a text file is part of the HyperTerminal methods

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"TomR" wrote in message

[...]

Tom- Hide quoted text -

I have pieces of WINSOCK code that I have tried and that also fails.
But how does HYPERTerminal attach to that port?. Can FTP possibly
work or start HyperTerminal in Excel and provide the prompts to
capture the data. Have not tried this before and would probably have
difficulties with the data just streaming by and being able to capture
it in real-time. Any other thoughts or from some of the MVP
folks....
Tom

unlock sim for mobile , universal unlock device, iphone 3G unlockdevice, call back device, multisim magicsim (www.magicsim.com) Excel Programming 0 October 10th 08 04:25 PM
The specified device is not open or not recognized by MCI -"mciSendStringA", VBA [email protected] Excel Programming 0 April 24th 08 07:23 AM
dash ports Twila Excel Programming 4 August 21st 07 11:08 PM
Dash Ports Twila Excel Worksheet Functions 1 August 21st 07 11:00 PM
COM PORTs Jo Excel Programming 0 November 18th 04 10:09 PM