Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation Formula

I'm clueless on this one, not even sure if it can be done. I've got a
spreadsheet with the following columns: Date of Birth, Start of Service,
End of Service and Days of Service (difference between SoS and EoS), no
problem. But in this situation, the SoS and the EoS have to be the same
month. Since I've already set validation criteria on those fields, I'm
trying to figure out if I can create validation criteria in the Days of
Service cell to check to see if both the SoS and EoS are the same month.
Does anyone know how to do this?

If it can't be done this way, I'll just write code to check it, as I'm
already doing other code for other validation criteria that can't be done
using the validation criteria function of XL. My first choice is to put it
in as Validation Criteria, if possible.

Thanks again!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My worksheet begins with text DoB in A1 and dates beginning in row 2

DoB SoS EoS DoS(months)
01/01/1950 01/02/1980 01/03/2000 241

If I select all the DoS dates I can apply conditional formatting
Formula Is =MONTH(B2)<MONTH(C2)
and add whatever formatting I need
(I use the universal date format of dd/mm/yyy)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"salgud" wrote in message
I'm clueless on this one, not even sure if it can be done. I've got a
spreadsheet with the following columns: Date of Birth, Start of Service,
End of Service and Days of Service (difference between SoS and EoS), no
problem. But in this situation, the SoS and the EoS have to be the same
month. Since I've already set validation criteria on those fields, I'm
trying to figure out if I can create validation criteria in the Days of
Service cell to check to see if both the SoS and EoS are the same month.
Does anyone know how to do this?

If it can't be done this way, I'll just write code to check it, as I'm
already doing other code for other validation criteria that can't be done
using the validation criteria function of XL. My first choice is to put it
in as Validation Criteria, if possible.

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:45:53 -0300, Bernard Liengme wrote:

=MONTH(B2)<MONTH(C2)

Thanks!