Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BeforeSave Event

Hi,

I have a code below and have a little problem with it, its not running
smoothly for me.

Dim strPath As String
Dim strFilename As String
Dim userResponse As Variant
strFilename = "Galashiels Resources WC " & Format(Sheets("Galashiels
Resources").Range("N2"), "dd-mmm-yy")
userResponse = MsgBox("Do you want to save as " & strFilename, vbYesNo +
vbCritical, "Galashiels Operational Resources © MN ")
If userResponse = vbYes Then
strPath = "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop"
strFilename = strPath & "\" & strFilename & ".xls"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strFilename, FileFormat:=xlNormal,
CreateBackup:=False

Before save event, when I click on save it pops up the msg box do you want
to save as, when I click yes it pops up again and excel stops working, do you
have any ideas if my code is wrong.

Regards

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excellant many thanks.

Regards

Mark

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below code....Please note the changes Application.EnableEvents =
True/False and 'Cacel =True'

Dim strPath As String
Dim strFilename As String
Dim userResponse As Variant
Application.EnableEvents = False
strFilename = "Galashiels Resources WC " & Format(Sheets("Galashiels
Resources").Range("N2"), "dd-mmm-yy")
userResponse = MsgBox("Do you want to save as " & strFilename, vbYesNo +
vbCritical, "Galashiels Operational Resources © MN ")
If userResponse = vbYes Then
strPath = "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop"
strFilename = strPath & "\" & strFilename & ".xls"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strFilename, FileFormat:=xlNormal,
CreateBackup:=False
Cancel = True
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"terilad" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

I couldn't get yesterdays solutions or codes to work as stated in todays
discussion, and I was looking for help to revise my code as I was having
problems with 2 pop up boxes and excel stopping. I did rate your answers on
the 8th with your 2 responses and altered my code accordingly as Sheet1 had a
different name and my file path was missing an s from user, so your responses
to my questions were of great help, code only needed additional slight
modification to resolve the issues with 2 pop up boxes and excel stopping. I
am learning slowly with VBA. Thankyou again for your input, all help is
greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

terilad wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I need some more help with this code when msg box appears do you want to
save as etc I click yes thats fine it saves as the new filename, but when I
click No it is still saving changes in workbook to old filename, I need the
workbook to close without any changes made if No is selected in msg box, can
you help with this.

Here is the code:

Dim strPath As String
Dim strFilename As String
Dim userResponse As Variant
Application.EnableEvents = False
strFilename = "Kelso Resources WC " & Format(Sheets("Kelso
Resources").Range("N2"), "dd-mmm-yy")
userResponse = MsgBox("Do you want to save as " & strFilename, vbYesNo +
vbInformation, "Kelso Operational Resources © MN ")
If userResponse = vbYes Then
strPath = "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop"
strFilename = strPath & "\" & strFilename & ".xls"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strFilename, FileFormat:=xlNormal,
CreateBackup:=False
Cancel = False
End If
Application.EnableEvents = False