Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adjust userforms to fit in screen

I have many different users for one of my workbooks. The workbook has many
different sized userforms. Some userforms are too large for the users
screen. Is there a way for VBA to automatically adjust the userform to fit
in the users screen properly like other software does?
--
Cheers,
Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the below

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me
.Height = Application.Height
.Width = Application.Width
.Left = 0
.Top = 0
End With

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Ryan H" wrote:

I have many different users for one of my workbooks. The workbook has many
different sized userforms. Some userforms are too large for the users
screen. Is there a way for VBA to automatically adjust the userform to fit
in the users screen properly like other software does?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a variation:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me
If (.Height Application.Height) Or (.Width Application.Width) Then
.Height = Application.Height * 0.9
.Width = Application.Width * 0.9
.Left = 0
.Top = 0
End If
End With
End Sub

Please note that this doesn't shrink everything on the form proportionately
to fit; it truncates part of the form on the right and/or bottom to make it
fit on the screen. You might do better to check the form size vs. screen area
as above and notify your users to increase their screen resolution if
necessary. Or, build your form to a "lowest common denominator" resolution.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Ryan H" wrote:

I have many different users for one of my workbooks. The workbook has many
different sized userforms. Some userforms are too large for the users
screen. Is there a way for VBA to automatically adjust the userform to fit
in the users screen properly like other software does?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If some users are having a screen overflow, it could be because they have
their screen resolution set to an unconventional setting. If so, they are
forcing you to alter a standard feature to meet their non-standard whims. I
would check their settings before trying to accommodate them.

"Ryan H" wrote:

I have many different users for one of my workbooks. The workbook has
many
different sized userforms. Some userforms are too large for the users
screen. Is there a way for VBA to automatically adjust the userform to
fit
in the users screen properly like other software does?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That code does get me thinking and maybe I can think of something, but all
that does is cut off the controls on the userform if the userform is too big.
I think I need to adjust the size of the userform with the zoom property.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Here is a variation:

"Ryan H" wrote:

I have many different users for one of my workbooks. The workbook has many
different sized userforms. Some userforms are too large for the users
screen. Is there a way for VBA to automatically adjust the userform to fit
in the users screen properly like other software does?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is one of the possibilities. Depends on the size of the monitor and what
the normal resolution should be. I am just thinking that trying to solve
the problem with code may not be the best answer, although it could probably
be done. If the resolution is set properly, they should get the same view
you had originally. Of course, this assumes your resolution is also set
properly.

"Ryan H" wrote:

I have many different users for one of my workbooks. The workbook
has
many
different sized userforms. Some userforms are too large for the
users
screen. Is there a way for VBA to automatically adjust the userform
fit
in the users screen properly like other software does?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ryan

Please refer the below thread

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...d-31817f6269a4

You can also set this to Application.UsableWidth

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me
.Height = Application.UsableHeight
.Width = Application.UsableWidth