Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DatePicker control lost in Excel 2007

Hello,

I had a macro written in Office XP (Excel 2002). In a user form I had used a
date control adding it from the "Additional controls" button..

Now I try to run it on Excel 2007 but it gives an error. Because the
DatePicker control in the userform is lost. I cannot add it because it does
not exist in the list of Additional Controls. I use a 60 day-trial version
of Office 2007, could it be the reason? Otherwise how can I get it work
again? I can send my file if it would help.

Thanks
Lemi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lemi

The control is a part of Access so if you not have this you not have the control

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Lemi" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I had a macro written in Office XP (Excel 2002). In a user form I had used a
date control adding it from the "Additional controls" button..

Now I try to run it on Excel 2007 but it gives an error. Because the
DatePicker control in the userform is lost. I cannot add it because it does
not exist in the list of Additional Controls. I use a 60 day-trial version
of Office 2007, could it be the reason? Otherwise how can I get it work
again? I can send my file if it would help.

Thanks
Lemi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lemi,

I have a full version of Office 2007 and there is no Calendar control, I
think I once heard that it is now shipped with MS Access, and there is a
place on the web where you should be able to download the calendar library,
I just don't remember where, have a search on Google for: "calendar control
library".
In any case do check the references list of libraries it might already be on
your computer just you need to reference it.

Hope this helps

"Lemi" wrote in message
Hello,

I had a macro written in Office XP (Excel 2002). In a user form I had used
a date control adding it from the "Additional controls" button..

Now I try to run it on Excel 2007 but it gives an error. Because the
DatePicker control in the userform is lost. I cannot add it because it
does not exist in the list of Additional Controls. I use a 60 day-trial
version of Office 2007, could it be the reason? Otherwise how can I get it
work again? I can send my file if it would help.

Thanks
Lemi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Lemi" wrote in message

Hello,

I had a macro written in Office XP (Excel 2002). In a user form I had used
a date control adding it from the "Additional controls" button..

Now I try to run it on Excel 2007 but it gives an error. Because the
DatePicker control in the userform is lost. I cannot add it because it
does not exist in the list of Additional Controls. I use a 60 day-trial
version of Office 2007, could it be the reason? Otherwise how can I get it
work again? I can send my file if it would help.

Thanks
Lemi- Hide quoted text -

If you have full office 2007, Microsoft Date and Time control version
6.0 is available under additinal controls located at C:\windows
\system32\mscomct2.ocx.
If not listed under additional controls, you can manually register it
and use the same.

Regards,
Madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you all for your help.
I have first tried Howard31's suggestion. Google search ended up in
comctl32.dll ver 5.82 for XP which is already installed under
"windows\system32".

Madiya, I have the file "C:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx" but can you
please tell me how to manually register it?

If it is related to MS Access in the end as Ron de Bruin and Howard31 have
mentioned then I have to be sure that my macro file would work before I buy
the Office 2007 with Access. Otherwise I will stick to good old Office XP.
Would you make a test run in your computer if I send my file? It is a kind
of expense list generator to report the travel expenses.

Regards/Lemi