Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default confirmation window once user clicks submit on user from

Hi All,

I have designed an excel from with text fields, radio buttons and check
boxes. I also have a Submit button that populates the user details in excel
sheet.
What I want is: Is it possible to display a confirmation window with user
inputs once a user clicks "Submit" button on the original form? Confirmation
window with "Edit" and "Confirm & Submit" Buttons, where user is navigated to
the original form if "Edit" is clicked or the user inputs are populated into
the excel sheet if "Confirm & Submit" is clicked.

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, make another form with these buttons on it.

Make sure the original Submit button doesn't include Unload Me (which makes
the first form forget everything) but uses Me.Hide before opening the second
form. The Edit button in the second form can then use Form1.Show and you'll
see the first form as it was just before you clicked Submit (you would
probably use Unload Me from the second form as there's nothing there to
remember).

Hope that makes sense.

"sam" wrote:

Hi All,

I have designed an excel from with text fields, radio buttons and check
boxes. I also have a Submit button that populates the user details in excel
sheet.
What I want is: Is it possible to display a confirmation window with user
inputs once a user clicks "Submit" button on the original form? Confirmation
window with "Edit" and "Confirm & Submit" Buttons, where user is navigated to
the original form if "Edit" is clicked or the user inputs are populated into
the excel sheet if "Confirm & Submit" is clicked.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Thaks for the Help Smallweed,

Should I code into Submit_Click() event in the original form to launch the
second form with 'Edit' and 'Confirm and submit' buttons? If yes, How can I
code it such that It launches the second userform. I am not as good with VB.
Also Its ok if the user inputs are not displayed in the new form, Just a
confirmation window with 'Edit' button(navigate back to original form with
data populated) and 'Confirm and Submit' button (saves the inputs) should be
fine

Thanks in Advance.

"sam" wrote:

Hi All,

I have designed an excel from with text fields, radio buttons and check
boxes. I also have a Submit button that populates the user details in excel
sheet.
What I want is: Is it possible to display a confirmation window with user
inputs once a user clicks "Submit" button on the original form? Confirmation
window with "Edit" and "Confirm & Submit" Buttons, where user is navigated to
the original form if "Edit" is clicked or the user inputs are populated into
the excel sheet if "Confirm & Submit" is clicked.

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

(I'm having problems with this forum today so apologies if there are suddenly
a load of duplicate messages from me!)

I've suddenly thought: I'm assuming you are creating a UserForm from Insert
menu in VB Editor (rather than a form in the s/sheet itself). If so, the
button code in Form1 should be:

Sub Submit_Click()
Form2.Show
Me.Hide
End Sub

Then you make a second UserForm called Form2 with your 'Edit' and 'Confirm
and submit' buttons. Then:

Sub Edit_Click()
Form1.Show
Unload Me