Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic Date if data entered in sheet

I have a book with 32 sheets. One for each day (31 days) and a monthly
roll-up sheet. In my monthly roll-up sheet i would like to have an automatic
"date range" in cell A2.

The date range will always begin with the first day of the month but it will
end with whatever date (sheet) is the last updated. I mean, if I have data on
all my sheets from June 01 to June 25 but June 26 - June 30 are blank (and
the 31st sheet is blank too), the date range should say "June 01 - June 25"
and each day it will get updated when data is entered into a sheet

Does that make sense??

Any ideas will be greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mayte
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change the d2 to a cell you want to check on each sheet. However, I see no
reason not to have all on ONE sheet with a date column and use
datafilterautofilter to see the individual days. Lots of advantages.

Sub backsardssheet()
For i = Sheets.Count To 2 Step -1
If Sheets(i).Range("d2") 0 Then
Exit For
End If
Next
MsgBox "June 1 - " & Sheets(i).Name

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Mayte" wrote in message
I have a book with 32 sheets. One for each day (31 days) and a monthly
roll-up sheet. In my monthly roll-up sheet i would like to have an
automatic
"date range" in cell A2.

The date range will always begin with the first day of the month but it
will
end with whatever date (sheet) is the last updated. I mean, if I have data
on
all my sheets from June 01 to June 25 but June 26 - June 30 are blank (and
the 31st sheet is blank too), the date range should say "June 01 - June
25"
and each day it will get updated when data is entered into a sheet

Does that make sense??

Any ideas will be greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mayte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming you fire from the Summarysheet.
Sub backsardssheet()
For i = Sheets.Count To 2 Step -1
If Sheets(i).Range("d2") 0 Then
Exit For
End If
Next
range("a2")= "June 1 - " & Sheets(i).Name

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Mayte" wrote in message
I have a book with 32 sheets. One for each day (31 days) and a monthly
roll-up sheet. In my monthly roll-up sheet i would like to have an
automatic
"date range" in cell A2.

The date range will always begin with the first day of the month but it
will
end with whatever date (sheet) is the last updated. I mean, if I have
data on
all my sheets from June 01 to June 25 but June 26 - June 30 are blank
(and
the 31st sheet is blank too), the date range should say "June 01 - June
25"
and each day it will get updated when data is entered into a sheet

Does that make sense??

Any ideas will be greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mayte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure how to tell if a sheet is empty on purpose or because it has not
been used.
However, this would provide an as of type date, based on the current date.

=TEXT(NOW(), "mmm") & " 01 To " & TEXT(NOW(), "d")

"Mayte" wrote in message
I have a book with 32 sheets. One for each day (31 days) and a monthly
roll-up sheet. In my monthly roll-up sheet i would like to have an
automatic
"date range" in cell A2.

The date range will always begin with the first day of the month but it
will
end with whatever date (sheet) is the last updated. I mean, if I have data
on
all my sheets from June 01 to June 25 but June 26 - June 30 are blank (and
the 31st sheet is blank too), the date range should say "June 01 - June
25"
and each day it will get updated when data is entered into a sheet

Does that make sense??

Any ideas will be greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mayte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thank you both !!!