Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofilter using range from another sheet as the criteria

Hey Guys,

I need some help with dynamic autofiltering. Here's a quick example.

Sheet 1:
Name Type Color
Apple Fruit Red
Banana Fruit Yellow
Cheese Dairy Orange
Chicken Meat White
Milk Dairy White
Eggs Meat White
Vitamin Pill Tan

Sheet 2:
Criteria (for Type): <== this is a dynamic list that grows and
shrinks!
Fruit
Dairy
Meat

How do I autofilter Sheet 1's type using the range on Sheet 2? Keep
in mind that it has to be dynamic -- there is no way to know if the
types in the Sheet 2 criteria range will be 3 items or 30...

I tried putting the range directly in and it crashes Excel 2007 (which
is awesome by the way).

Any suggestions?