Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating groups of people with different background

Hi there I am working on a grouping for kids, so that I can make a
list of 8 kids with different backgrounds. There are about 400 kids at
the camp, very busy.
When they enroll, I receive a list with:

enrollmentnumber, surname, prefix,initials, first_name, interest

I would like to make groups of this list by sorting on their interest,
so that I can spread out different interests over multiple groups.

Example:
Interest; raffting, cycling, swimming, woodwork, climbing, football,
other

Most assignments during the camp days are in groups, in addidtion I
would like to give the group a letter starting with A untill for
example AA or A1.

The result shoud look like:

Group, enrollmentnumber, surname, prefix,initials, first_name,
interest
A 00001 Simpson von dutch Bart cycling
A 00044 Simpson von dutch Lisa football

B 00003 etc