Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default converting table back to range

I'm trying to convert a table back into a range via a macro using Excel 2007,
and I'm having a hard time finding the method.

I tried recording the macro, but it's not picking up the steps whenever I
goto the Table Tools ~ Tools and click 'convert to range'.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
kenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I understand that MS changed the xl2003 "List" object to a "Table" object.
The list object has an "Unlist" method.
I bet that the xl 2007 table has something very similar.
Check out the help file... Untable? <g
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Kenny Louden"

wrote in message
I'm trying to convert a table back into a range via a macro using Excel 2007,
and I'm having a hard time finding the method.
I tried recording the macro, but it's not picking up the steps whenever I
goto the Table Tools ~ Tools and click 'convert to range'.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
kenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,
Thanks for the information.
Believe or not it's still the Unlist method of the ObjectList. Go figure.

kenny

wrote in message
I'm trying to convert a table back into a range via a macro using Excel 2007,
and I'm having a hard time finding the method.
I tried recording the macro, but it's not picking up the steps whenever I
goto the Table Tools ~ Tools and click 'convert to range'.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
kenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

doh

Sub removeTable()
Dim lo As ListObject
Set lo = ActiveSheet.ListObjects(1)
lo.Unlist
set lo = nothing
End Sub

sorry - i should pay more attention. well, its Monday ...