Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Partial Match Lookup Question

Hello all,
I've got a spreadsheet of my bank transactions. If
the transaction description contains a keyword from another list, I'd
like to assign it a category from the next column over.

For example:

Sheet1 has transaction descriptions like:

POS DB WAL-MART # 9100 08/09 1030 HUNTERS CO
THE OLIVE GARD KNOXVILLE TN
POS DB TARGET T20 9100 08/04 4700 NEW HARVES

Sheet2 has a list of keywords and categories like:

[a1] WAL-MART [b1] toys
[a2] TARGET [b2] car
[a3]OLIVE GARD [b3] Food

Any suggestions?