Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007- Saving macros in workbooks

It is my understanding that macros cannot be included in a .xlsx file.

I am programmatically creating a workbook and creating code.

In Excel 2003, no problem, I just use the xlWorkbookNormal file format.
But I'm still confused about Excel 2007.

1. If the user chooses to do so, could I save macros in an Excel 2003
compatible format? If so, what is the appropriate FileFormat constant?

2. I will also give the user the choice of using either xlsm or xlsb
formats. Any issues of which I need to be aware?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
1. If the user chooses to do so, could I save macros in an Excel 2003
compatible format? If so, what is the appropriate FileFormat constant?

It is my understanding that the xlExcel8 constabt is the 97-2003 format.
Hopefuly, it allows macros to be saved.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Howard

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message ...
It is my understanding that macros cannot be included in a .xlsx file.

I am programmatically creating a workbook and creating code.

In Excel 2003, no problem, I just use the xlWorkbookNormal file format.
But I'm still confused about Excel 2007.

1. If the user chooses to do so, could I save macros in an Excel 2003
compatible format? If so, what is the appropriate FileFormat constant?

2. I will also give the user the choice of using either xlsm or xlsb
formats. Any issues of which I need to be aware?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Howard

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

Thanx.
I found that earlier via google.

I'll give it a try, but I've been "awake" for 16 hours now, not a good time
to start playing with such things.