Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying a sheet from another Excel instance?

Hi all,

In my app, I got a custom toolbar. One tool imports data exported to an Excel workbook from another app. The problem is that the exported workbook is not in the same Excel instance, so the custom toolbar isn't there. And as far as I understand, the Excel object model handles only one Excel instance, so there's no way for me to get to another instance using the Workbooks collection and so on.

Ideally, I'd like to open a form in my app, list all the open workbooks (regardless of Excel instance), and be able to pick the one I want. Is that possible?

Gustaf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To the best of my knowledge the answer is no.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson