Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA Save file to Network in Vista and Office 2007

I have a macro that saves a file to a network drive.. It has been working
fine for a while now.
Recently, one of our users upgrade to Office 2007 and Windows Vista.. Since
then, the VBA macro has been blowing up when trying to save the file to the
network. I've tried Save as well as SaveAs. They give a Method €˜SaveAs of
object_Workbook failed error.

I also tried saving the file to the local harddrive and then copying the
file up to the network using FileCopy. The save to the hard drive works, but
the copy up to the network doesn't work.

This stuff all works OK under Windows XP/Office 2003.
I've checked permissions for the network folder.. That all seems clear (she
has both read and write access). My suspicion is this is some sort of
Windows Vista compatibility issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Hi,
What is the file extension you are using?

Take a look at this. http://www.developersdex.com/vb/mess...2677&r=6464967

John