Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default My addin mysteriously stops working at multiple clients

I just received a few bug reports from different clients stating that
very basic functionality of an add-in I am writing does not work. So
I tested it gain, and sure enough it no longer works for me either!
It certainly used to work.

So I'm guessing that an automatic update from Microsoft has corrupted
my and my clients machines. Most annoying. My Addin does not use any
system software or interfaces. Just plain VBA. And very hard to know
what is going on unless you really lock down windows update.

Anyone else had similar problems? First time that it has happened to
me in 10 years.

Anthony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you and the different clients all just upgrade(?) to xl2007?
That would explain it, otherwise...
You need to identify the portion of the code that is "not working" and proceed from there...
"On error resume next" would hide any errors, so comment out all of those lines
and see what happens.
For specific help, you will have to provide more info:
What is the code, what are the error messages, what does not working mean?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Anthony Berglas"
wrote in message
I just received a few bug reports from different clients stating that
very basic functionality of an add-in I am writing does not work. So
I tested it gain, and sure enough it no longer works for me either!
It certainly used to work.

So I'm guessing that an automatic update from Microsoft has corrupted
my and my clients machines. Most annoying. My Addin does not use any
system software or interfaces. Just plain VBA. And very hard to know
what is going on unless you really lock down windows update.
Anyone else had similar problems? First time that it has happened to
me in 10 years.
Anthony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is not an upgrade to XL 2007 problem -- of course that broke
everything.

The add in ran fine on XL 2007, and then with no explicit upgrade of
anything it stoped working for several different people.

There seems to be at least two different problems.

Ugly.

Anthony