Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filtered data error. Need to go to VBA?

I am trying to copy/paste the filtered (subtotals) on my worksheet of about
17,000 rows. I do this every week. Unfortunately, I am getting the following
error now:

Microsoft Office Excel cannot create or use the data range reference because
it is too complex. Try one or more of the following:

- Use data that can be selected in one contiguous rectangle.
- Use data from the same sheet.

Both of the above apply to my selection.

Interesting enough, if I copy down about 14,000 rows, it works. Likewise, it
works if I copy from bottom up about 16,000 rows. Do I have to use code so
only selected rows show? Well, I am not that familiar with that. Any help?
Thanks.
Tony.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Question answered by Shane Devenshire. Thank you!

Hi,

When you filter data there is a limit to the number of discontinuous
selections that Excel can handle. One solution is to sort the data so that
like items are grouped adjacent. Then apply the filter and copy.
Alternatively, you can select half of the filtered data and copy it, then
select the other half and do it again.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire