Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
r r is offline

Default Turn Off Auto-Format in Macro

You can show your code?
thanks
regards

Il mio ultimo lavoro ...
http://excelvba.altervista.org/blog/...ternative.html

"Derek Johansen" wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a macro to import data from a text file using a
deliminator. I really don't have much (if any) access to the outputting
program to make changes, so everything needs to happen on my end.

What's happening is when I pull in the dimensions of lumber, excel is seeing
things such as "3-1/2" or "7/16" and autoformatting them to be a date like
"3/1/2002" or "16-July." This is a big problem for me because I need to know
the dimensions of my lumber to accurately assign item codes and pricing.
What I thought would be an easy fix was to shut off auto format for excel
while the macro is running, and as a last line of the macro i would enable
the macro back on.

I have been doing some searching and can't find much on macros and
auto-formatting. I know there are some good programmers here, so I'm hoping
one of you knows how to do this!

Thanks in advance,

Derek