Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protection and Auto filter

Hello,

I have have a Tabel that uses the Auto Filter option, i secured my Sheet with:
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:= _
False, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True

on opening of the document.

when I click on the AutoFilter button to Sort Accending it gives me an error
message "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and
therefore read-only"

How can i have the fields protected but let it sort?

thank you,

Daniel Schmidt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 12 Giu, 14:11, TheGerman wrote:
anyone that can help?

Hello,

I have have a Tabel that uses the Auto Filter option, i secured my Sheet with:
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:= _
* * * * False, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True

on opening of the document. *

when I click on the AutoFilter button to Sort Accending it gives me an error
message "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and
therefore read-only"

How can i have the fields protected but let it sort?

thank you,

Daniel Schmidt- Nascondi testo citato

- Mostra testo citato -

Hi German.
If I well understood, try:

Public Sub prova()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
'your filter instruction or/and
'your sort instructions
ActiveSheet.Protect 'with your parameters
End Sub

Regards
Eliano