Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference to next non-blank cell

Dear All,
Can You Please help me on the following question:
Is there a way with a Formula to find and obtain the Text-string in the next
Non-blank cell in the adjacent column? I am making calculations from a
Pivot-Table, due to which a Varible number of Cells is Empty. I hope I am
making myself understood, here is an example:

Column A: Column B:
blank I want Cell B1 to find the next Non-blank Cell in Column A,
blank and Return the Text-string "CH4 YTG"
blank
CH4 YTG

Note: This Formula is also to be dragged down, so Listing all non-blank
cells in Column B is not an option in this case, Sorry!!

I am deeply sorry to ask this again;
as I asked this question earlier, got notified of a reply but I cannot find
my question anywhere!!! Again, my apologies for the person that answered my
question previously!!
Hilvert