Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I return the format & value of cell with VLOOKUP ?

I am using VLOOKUP to retrieve values from several different worksheets. I
also wish to retreive the cell's format (color). There are many different
colors on the worsheets based on many complex criteria. Is there anyway the
individual formats of the cells retrieved can also be returned with the
values ?

Thanks,
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i hit send too early
i was suggesting that MATCH would allow you to do this

example
so instead of
dim val as string
val = WorksheetFunction.VLOOKUP(what, where, ret, false)

dim val as Range
dim rowindex as long
rowindex = WorksheetFunction.MATCH(what, where.columns(1), false)
set val = where.resize(1,1).Cells(index,ret)

whe what is string to be found, where is the range table to be searched,
ret is the return column