Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell reference to determine filename

I am trying to write a macro that saves a current file to a new file.

in the VBA line: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename =

I want to add a reference to the cell that contains the required filename. I
have therefore tried adding the following:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename = "=' [macro test.xls] Sheet 1' !R10C3"

This address contains the desired filename. However when I run the macro it
fails as "the file could not be accessed......."

I suspect my programmming is flawed. Can you help?

Actiallows me to put the required filename that I wish to save to in as a
--
cangiff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you that works perfectly
--
cangiff

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below

Dim strFile as String
strFile = Workbooks("macro test.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C10")

OR
'if this is the active workbook
strFile = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C10")

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strFile