Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
AC AC is offline

Default Copy chart and paste it as a PICTURE back into Excel

Hi

Is there a way to copy a chart, and then paste (special) it as a
picture back into Excel. It always pastes it back as a chart.

Currently I can copy an excel chart and paste it into Word as a
picture, then I copy it back out of Word and into Excel again. I want
to do it as a single step.

Perfectly acceptable alternate option would be knowing how to export a
chart to file as a picture, and then my code could read that pic back
in.

Thanks in advance
Andy C
Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

Tim

'**************
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.CopyPicture _
Appearance:=xlPrinter, Size:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture

ActiveSheet.Range("E27").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

"AC" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a way to copy a chart, and then paste (special) it as a
picture back into Excel. It always pastes it back as a chart.

Currently I can copy an excel chart and paste it into Word as a
picture, then I copy it back out of Word and into Excel again. I want
to do it as a single step.

Perfectly acceptable alternate option would be knowing how to export a
chart to file as a picture, and then my code could read that pic back
in.

Thanks in advance
Andy C

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

Select the chart
Hold down the Shift key and choose Edit, Copy Picture...
A simple paste will do the trick at that point.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire