Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to send you to a specified worksheet

I have a workbook consisting of about 20 tabs. In this workbook I have
a worksheet that is called Index & is an index of all the tabs. On this
index list, need a macro for when the item is selected you will be sent
directly to that sepcific worksheet. Then once at that specific
worksheet I have typed RTN TO INDEX & need a macro on that worksheet
when RTN TO INDEX is selected, will return you to the Index.

--
Jack Wood
Jack Wood's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=346

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

drop a hyperlink on a sheet thats targetting the index sheet . and then just
copy/paste to the other sheets

"Patrick Molloy" wrote in message
1) why not use hyperlinks?

Option Explicit
Sub AddHyperlinks()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Range("A6:A8")
cell.Hyperlinks.Add cell, "", SubAddress:=cell.Value & "!a1"
Next
End Sub

2) if you have sheet tabs showing, you can right click and select the
sheet

"Jack Wood" wrote in message

I have a workbook consisting of about 20 tabs. In this workbook I have
a worksheet that is called Index & is an index of all the tabs. On this
index list, need a macro for when the item is selected you will be sent
directly to that sepcific worksheet. Then once at that specific
worksheet I have typed RTN TO INDEX & need a macro on that worksheet
when RTN TO INDEX is selected, will return you to the Index.

--
Jack Wood
Jack Wood's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=346
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=101234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hyperlinks will not work because to complete items in the workbook you
have to make a copy of the original file & rename it to the Well's
Project name. We do not let the Engineer use the original file for any
entries. When you make a copy of the file the hyperlink sends you back
to the original file.

--
Jack Wood
Jack Wood's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=346
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=101234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 28, 3:50*pm, Jack Wood
wrote:
*Then once at that specific
worksheet I have typed RTN TO INDEX & need a macro on that worksheet
when RTN TO INDEX is selected, will return you to the Index.

Perhaps put this code in the ThisWorkbook module?

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Range)
If Target.Value = "RTN TO INDEX" Then
Application.Goto Sheet1.Range("A1"), True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 29, 11:11*am, andy the pugh wrote:
On May 28, 3:50*pm, Jack Wood
wrote:

*Then once at that specific
worksheet I have typed RTN TO INDEX & need a macro on that worksheet
when RTN TO INDEX is selected, will return you to the Index.

Perhaps put this code in the ThisWorkbook module?

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Range)
* * If Target.Value = "RTN TO INDEX" Then
* * * * Application.Goto Sheet1.Range("A1"), True
* * End If
End Sub

Oops, that crashes with a multi-select. Use:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Range)
If Target.Cells(1, 1).Value = "RTN TO INDEX" Then
Application.Goto Sheet1.Range("A1"), True