Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default comparing data without unique identifier

I am attempting to compare 2 worksheets (one from another agency) and there
is no unique identifier. Each has a specific grant number; one may be OH
W-13-L-1, the other W13L1. In addition, the vendor name, although similar,
is not usually exactly the same. such as Hunter, J vs. Hunter Estate.

I receive the other agency's worksheet via excel and download mine from
Access.

I could use either program to compare, if I knew what to do! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto, I was never able to retrieve the messages. When I went to the link
provided in the email, I just got a blank page. I tried looking it up via
key words, but nothing appeared. :-(