Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveWorkbook.close problem

Just make sure that when you are closing the ActiveWorkbook, that it is not
the workbook in which the macro resides. This would effectively kill the
macro.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200854

"Spike" wrote:

Grateful for any advice on an ActiveWorkbook.close problem.

I am running a macro that opens each excel file in a folder in turn. The
macro then calls another macro that deletes the links on a worksheet in that
file, then it runs a function that calculates averages using data on that
worksheet and plugs resulting data into cells on that worksheet, then various
items of data are uploaded to a new Access database. The focus then returns
to the original macro that then closes the workbook; using
Activeworkbook.close savechanges:=false

Everytime it stops at this point and shows the standard Microsoft runtime
error 1004. If I click on debug button on that message the file then closes?
I have tried hard coding the filename and it still produces the same error.

If I comment out the delete links part of the macro it works fine, which to
me indicates that the problem is connected with deleting the links. Does
anyone have any ideas what could be causing this error.

--
with kind regards

Spike