Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cancelling But Macro Still Carries On

Good afternoon all,

I have the below macro. I entered an addition line for when the user
presses the cancel box, but the macro keeps going after I press
cancel. I'd like it to stop and go back to the main menu.

SORT_VENDOR

Dim sUsername As String
Dim sPrompt As String

sPrompt = "Please enter vendor name"
sUsername = InputBox(sPrompt, sTitle, sDefault)

Sheets("list").Select
Range("C3").Select
Cells.Find(What:=sUsername, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas,
LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Select
If sUsername = "" Then
MsgBox "You cancelled the search."
Sheets("welcome").Select
Range("a1").Select

Exit Sub

Answer = MsgBox("Is this the contract/vendor you would like to
delete?", vbYesNo + vbInformation, "Please Confirm")
If Answer = vbYes Then
Select Case LCase(Range("B" & Selection.Row).Value)

Case "monthly"
Selection.Resize(12, 1).EntireRow.Delete
Case "quarterly"
Selection.Resize(4, 1).EntireRow.Delete
Case "yearly"
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
End Select
Exit Sub

Else
Cells.Find(What:=sUsername, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas,
LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
End If

DELETE_EMPTYROWS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Cancel on the InputBox dialog box does not stop the macro. It only
closes the InputBox without a value. If you want the Cancel button to cause
the macro to stop, then you need to add the following statement.

If sUsername = "" Then
Exit Sub
End If

Howeve, clicking OK with no entry in the InputBox also produces the empty
string "" and will exit the sub as well.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why do you have vbInformation? It is not needed

vbYesNo = 4
vbInformation = 64
answer = vbYesNo + vbInformation = 68

If Answer = vbYes then
if 68 = 4 then
if False then

68 does not equal 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!