Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy Values to another Sheet Q

What code could I use to achieve the following:

I wish to copy the values in H25 of the activesheet, to an area of a
sheet called "summarry". The area it paste-special values to depends
on the Index of the original active sheet eg. If my active sheet was
Index 2, then I would copy to D5 on the Summary, if the Index was 3 I
would copy to D6; then D7 if Index was 4 etc

My Summary sheet will be Index 1, at least thats my understanding of
sheet indexes. I will have up to 53 sheets in totals (1 for each week
of the year + summary sheet)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 20, 1:45*pm, Seanie wrote:
What code could I use to achieve the following:

I wish to copy the values in H25 of the activesheet, to an area of a
sheet called "summarry". The area it paste-special values to depends
on the Index of the original active sheet eg. If my active sheet was
Index 2, then I would copy to D5 on the Summary, if the Index was 3 I
would copy to D6; then D7 if Index was 4 etc

My Summary sheet will be Index 1, at least thats my understanding of
sheet indexes. I will have up to 53 sheets in totals (1 for each week
of the year + summary sheet)

Thanks

I think a formula in the cells you want to be copied to would work
just fine.

For example, if you put "=Sheet2!H25" in D5, then that would copy
whatever is in H25 on Sheet2 to D5 on your Summary worksheet. As far
as I can tell it will just copy the values, which seems to be what
you indicated you needed.

HTH,
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not really, as I only create the sheet each week. I don't have 52
sheets setup (and don't wish to lay it out like that either)

Thanks