Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to exit Design Mode

Weird problem here. I've an existing workbook with a number of macros and
functions that I've been using successfully for some time with no issues (at
both home and work). At work, the workbook is, for some unknown reason, now
stuck in Design mode and I am unable to exit Design Mode, getting a message
that says macros are disabled. But they aren't (all macros work in all other
workbooks like they should).

I believe I can't use macros because the workbook is stuck in Design Mode.
I can't exit Design Mode because it thinks I've disabled macros. Catch-22.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks in advance!!!

Excel version 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make sure that the Workbook (the one that is run in xl2007) is saved with
the 'xlsm' extension.

Hope this will solve the problem

"theschweik" wrote in message
Weird problem here. I've an existing workbook with a number of macros and
functions that I've been using successfully for some time with no issues
(at
both home and work). At work, the workbook is, for some unknown reason,
now
stuck in Design mode and I am unable to exit Design Mode, getting a
message
that says macros are disabled. But they aren't (all macros work in all
other
workbooks like they should).

I believe I can't use macros because the workbook is stuck in Design Mode.
I can't exit Design Mode because it thinks I've disabled macros.
Catch-22.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks in advance!!!

Excel version 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Howard, Patrick - THANKS, both of you!

Neither worked LOL - (tried both before, and all their variants - and then
tried them again after your replies).

BUT!!! Taken together, your responses did trigger thinking of another route
that DID work!

I saved the file, which was an XLTM file, as a regular XLSX file, which made
the file a regular Excel workbook, without macros enabled. Fortunately, it
saved the entire VBA environment and all my macros and functions; I lost none
of that in the saving. It also turned off Design Mode.

I then re-saved the file as an XLTM (I'm sure XLSM would work too) and lo
and behold - macros enabled, Design Mode off, and all functionality returned!
Gak, who'd a thunk?

Thanks again! Saving this for future mental reference :)