Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If Cell = X then name sheet Tab GHI for eg

Hi everyone,

I'm importing worksheets which contain different data. I need to collate the
sheets into 1 workbook for each data collection site and need to keep sheet
tab names consistent.

The headings vary only slightly except for cell A4 which is a short
description of the dataset. This can be altered slightly by the user (e.g.
could be variations on Filling Line 1 QA or Fill Line 1 QA or Line 1 Fill QA,
different sheets are different line numbers and sometimes QC rather than QA)

So what I need (if any kind soul can help at all) is a way of saying if A4
contains "Line 1" and "QA" then the tab should be "Line 1 QA" then I need to
say or if it contains "Line 2" and "QC" the tab should be "Line 2 QC" etc for
7 different combinations.

If anyone could help that would be brilliant!

Thank you (Driving home now)

Diddy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look he