Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default method select of object range failed

All,

I am writing code that creates a user form used to scroll through a filtered
list of photos and their attributes and it works great, until a filter hides
more than 280 consecutive rows of data. If I scroll over the hidden rows my
code crashes at the following line

Cells(scr_photo.Value, 1).EntireRow.Activate

where scr_photo is the current row that fills the data form.

The reason I activate the current row is so the user can see what row the
form data is coming from as they scroll through the list. This works great
in all other aspects except for the case mentioned above.

Any ideas or ways to fix the problem. I have already tried .Select instead
of .Activate and I get the same error.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at this piece of code and see if it helps you at all.

Option Explicit

Sub Test()
Dim scr_photo As Excel.Range
Set scr_photo = Range("A10")
Cells(scr_photo.value.1).EntireRow.Hidden = True

If Cells(scr_photo.Value, 1).EntireRow.Hidden Then
Cells(scr_photo.Value, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = False
End If

Cells(scr_photo.Value, 1).EntireRow.Activate

End Sub

"quaz" wrote:

All,

I am writing code that creates a user form used to scroll through a filtered
list of photos and their attributes and it works great, until a filter hides
more than 280 consecutive rows of data. If I scroll over the hidden rows my
code crashes at the following line

Cells(scr_photo.Value, 1).EntireRow.Activate

where scr_photo is the current row that fills the data form.

The reason I activate the current row is so the user can see what row the
form data is coming from as they scroll through the list. This works great
in all other aspects except for the case mentioned above.

Any ideas or ways to fix the problem. I have already tried .Select instead
of .Activate and I get the same error.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barb,

Thanks, but that won't quite do it. I do like the idea of defining my row
variable as type range, it makes my code more efficient and easy to read, but
the problem still remains that if there are more than 280 hidden rows due to
an applied data filter the program crashes. And by crashing I mean I get the
error mentioned above and I have to force excel to exit because it is locked
up. I have also tried to just format the current row in bold instead of
activating or selecting it, but the same problem occurs (probably due to
excel activating the row when I change the format).

If you have any other ideas please let me know. Thanks.