Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Marking owners sites & names

I have 20 or so excel workbooks that are created at an external source and
downloaded to our server. Each workbook contains a site and names that belong
to that site as well as all sorts of other data, but the site and name fields
are not in the same column location in every file.

Here is the issue: I have multiple users who are trying to display just the
list of the sites/names each user is responsible for. One way of doing this
is to have a separate spreadsheet that contains columns with the site number
and the initials of the user, and somehow (this is where your help is needed)
we can create a link between the two files. Once the link has been set, the
users can autofilter on their initials and find the sites/names they are
responsible for.

Or, if you have a better idea please share! I should probably tell you I am
not much for programming, but I am willing to try.

Thank you,