Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro or formula to date stamp cell based on new data input

Hi all.

I am looking for a way in Excel 2007 to have a cell which updates
every time I change the contents in that same row. So I have my
worksheet that has 12 columns. I want each row to have it's own date
stamp. So every time I update anything in a particular row, it would
put a date stamp in the last column of that row. I have seen macros
that are similar but I have had no luck implementing them. Can
someone help me please?

Sorry to sound like a nube but I could also use some help in how to
implement the solution.

~ Chad Watson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to the sheet's code page (right click the tab and select 'View code')

add this

Cells(Target.Row, "F") = Now
End Sub

** change "F" to whatever column that you want the date/time stamp in

Patrick

"spideylobster" wrote in message
Hi all.

I am looking for a way in Excel 2007 to have a cell which updates
every time I change the contents in that same row. So I have my
worksheet that has 12 columns. I want each row to have it's own date
stamp. So every time I update anything in a particular row, it would
put a date stamp in the last column of that row. I have seen macros
that are similar but I have had no luck implementing them. Can
someone help me please?

Sorry to sound like a nube but I could also use some help in how to
implement the solution.

~ Chad Watson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Time Stamp in 13th column. Right click on the sheet tab--View Code and paste
the below code. You can also set the font color of col 13 to white to hide
the timestamp for the user.

Cells(Target.Row,13) = Now()

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria