Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default placement of error traps

Morning all.
This is a question on where to place error traps in my code.
As I'm not entirely familiar with them, it's seemed so far, from the
previous helps that I've received, that an error trap is to be placed where
an expectation of an occurrence can arise.

does anyone have any general things/ideas to consider when it comes to the
placement of error traps?

I'm asking because of a really large project we're doing, and in our initial
stages we've found a number of errors that keep stopping us in our tracks,
and after finally having gotten the FSO.MoveFile (errors on my part kept it
from working) to work, I'm interested in modifying it to start catching
various errors to keep moving forward with either no, or as few interruptions
as possible.

I hope this is clear enough, if not, please ask.....
Thank you.
Best.
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The below link by Chip Pearson will definitely help.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ErrorHandling.htm

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria