Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question for Office 2007 Users

Hi,

Is is possible to turn OFF Clear Type which I'm told is on by
default in Office 2007 ?

(I'm thinking of buying it but Clear type always looks blurry to me.)

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THere is option for turn off clear type in excel settings popular tab.

<kirkm wrote in message ...

| Hi,
|
| Is is possible to turn OFF Clear Type which I'm told is on by
| default in Office 2007 ?
|
| (I'm thinking of buying it but Clear type always looks blurry to me.)
|
| Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:00:40 -0400, "Homey" <none wrote:

THere is option for turn off clear type in excel settings popular tab.

Yes, thanks for replying. I did find that but it still left the
menu's looking awful, and the status bar which I use a lot.

In fact some right click menu's looked very bad until you ran the
mouse over them and they slightly improved.

Very disappointing... I found heaps of opposition to Clear Type
via a Google search... wonder why MS consider it so good? Very
strange. And I have a late model comp and LCD screen. You buy the best
you can then find software makes it look like **** !

I took my copy back to the shop and will stick with Excel 2002.

Cheers - Kirk